Monday 19 May 2014

JDM symbol: Datsun 510

I decided to start the first topic with something that I really like: cars.

Since I was a child I always grew up wandering around my father's car repair shop. Perhaps that's why I like cars.

Some of them are not that pretty, not that fast or not that classy. However, that does not mean they're not special.

One car I like a lot is the Datsun 510:

(you can find other info on this one here, from where I got the picture)

It is a small salloon car from the late 60's / early 70's, with some quite interesting features such as autolocking differential and independent rear suspensions, which is quite remarkable for a car with over 40 years (even some of modern cars don't have that technology).

On my personal point of view, it is a very preety and exciting car, and it's definitly something I intend to have. I'd like to restore one myself, at my own pace and taste.

Even though I can't afford a car project at a moment (as a university student without income, I have no time nor money), it's something I hope I can do in a few years!

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow student who has little funds, I really like your choice in vehicle. I didn't know such facts about it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete