Sunday 8 June 2014

Bike Riding: Somewhere to go, something to drink!

One of the things really enjoy doing is cycling. I use a mountain bike with an aluminum frame, front spring suspension, rear suspension (mostly for comfort) and mechanical disks brakes. It suits everything I do: road and cross-country (although I wish I could do cross-country more often).

I used to ride my bicycle more often than I do now since lately I have had little time to do it.

Yesterday I decided to go for a ride with an objective: reach one of the highest locations in this region and take a picture. Since I had to go somewhere, I went towards the sea. 

The landscape makes it worth it:


Down this hill there a beach ;)

After this ride I leave two bicycle riding tips:

Tip #1: Drink water! Even if you don't feel thirsty, drink. And always take more water than you'll need, or find a place to refill. I ran out of water at 2/3 of the 25 kms I did, and it became much harder after that.

Tip #2: Keep the right rotation! When pedaling, the right rotation speed is more important than how fast you are going. Try finding the best rotation speed that suits you and keep it. Use the gears to compensate for uphill or downhill effort while maintaining rotation speed.

Tip #3: Ride with an objective! Going somewhere specific or reaching N kms, it doesn't really matter. If you stick to your goal, riding there will be easier. ;)

4 comments:

  1. It's great to be healthy and take great pictures! Great luck in your endeavors, Diogo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Glad you liked it. btw, dropped by your blog. I liked the alphabet-based description there, very creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I subscribed for updates. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete