Wednesday 6 August 2014

How easy is writing a blog post?

A few months after I created this blog to write freely and clear my mind, but after a while I started writing less and less. At first it was because I really had lack of time. But I guess that was the beginning of being lazy about it.

Not only lazy: I, somehow, lost interest. Probably because I did not have an idea of what this blog should be, so in the beginning I was only fuelled by the feeling of having something new. 

Because some posts are useful (such as in the Linux tab), I worried about keeping each post neat and informative. But that was not what I needed from this blog. I needed a place where I could speak my mind freely without worrying about what others might think. Having views made me very strict: I didn't want to disappoint those who read this blog.

I postponed some writing because I didn't think i would be useful to anyone. Except me.

I am a person without much discipline over myself, actually. Keeping restrictions over my writing made me avoid this blog.

It is as easy to write in a blog as much you allow yourself.

That's the conclusion to which I've come.
Maybe I mixed this blog too much. Maybe I should have started it with a single and exact purpose. But I didn't and it's who I am, I am a bit messy too (we all are, more or less).

From now on I hope my writing reflects more of how I think and less of how I make things rational and strict.

Post written under the influence of:



 From Youtube description: "The track is called "A Place To Hide" and its about finding home, whatever "home" means for you. It may be a person, a place or even a side of yourself where you feel most at home. Whatever it is, I hope this track helps you reflect on what it is and how to find it."

No comments:

Post a Comment